Our client, is global ICT leader across Cloud and AI, telecommunications, and consumer and mobile businesses. The company’s European Standardization and Industry Development (SID) department is responsible for overall strategy and industry engagement across its European ecosystem, including with open source communities, partners, and customers. Operating in more than 100 countries and serving 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators and one-third of the world's population.
The European SID department is seeking for a SID Director (Belgium) (Permanent position or free-lance contract).
The Owner of Belgium Ecosystem Development will be responsible for leading company’s strategy and engagement with the Belgium SID ecosystem. This role is highly strategic and visible both within the company and in the overall industry.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for understanding the local industrial environment, accurately identifying changes in industrial direction, formulating industrial development plans and implementing local (european) business standards and environmental and industrial development strategies.
- Responsible for establishing effective links with key local industry organisations (standard organisations/industry alliances/open source communities, technology innovation organisations, etc.), improving the company's industry influence in the country, crisis management and effective risk control to ensure business continuity.
- Responsible for technical policies and regulations and their overall impact, formulate corresponding strategies or strategies to remove policy and regulatory barriers for the company to enter the country's market (and Europe).
- Responsible for building and continuously improving industrial development capabilities, training and attracting top talent, promoting effective coordination with European and global work, and supporting the company's global industrial development scheme.
- Ensure that our work on standards and industry development results in cross-sectoral strategies and tactics, unifying thoughts, positions and voices with the collaboration of the Research Centre, Public Affairs & Com, Marketing....
- Msc or PhD (a plus) in IT, AI, Cloud computing or electronic engineering;
- At least 5 years of work experience in standards organization & industrial associations (in ICT) is preferred
- Good external communication and cooperation capabilities, including between the company and other departments within the company;
- Have fast learning ability, can learn to master the company's products in various fields as soon as possible, so as to understand the principles and the dimensions of product users;
- Excellent written and oral English and local language
If you are interested in taking up the challenge, please send us your application (CV, motivations, salary expectations, availability) to Adoc Talent Management (www.adoc-tm.com).