Is contributing to the development of sustainable, effective, safe, and innovative BioInsecticides your career aspiration? This offer is for you!
Adoc Talent Management is recruiting a Team Lead – Discovery BioInsecticides for its client, a fast-growing crop protection and food scale-up company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions. Based on their ground-breaking technology platform, they have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate.
You will lead a small team and use your experience for their bioactive lead characterization and make these ready for further development. You will play a key role in their bioinsecticide strategy and in their lead characterization programs using cutting-edge in vitro technologies.
Your key activities include:
- Providing scientific leadership and impact through a lab-based role.
- Playing a key role in the strategy to develop protein based bioinsecticides.
- Take the lead in outlining the strategy for characterizing bioactive against insects, including target nomination and discovery approach.
- Delivering high-quality hits and leads using their Lead Characterization platforms. Developing high performing in vitro and on planta assays to assess the efficacy of hit candidates. Design and execute in vitro protocols to characterize bioactive leads against insects.
- Leading, supporting, and assisting a team of highly talented and motivated scientists (focused on developing people to their full potential).
- Championing innovative ideas and facilitate the development and implementation of technologies to improve efficiency and decrease cycle times of our lead characterization workflows.
- Working collaboratively and effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Maintaining high quality records of the hit/lead panels in the databases
- Developing and maintaining scientific collaborations (with academic labs, Biotech, KOLs, CROs)
- a PhD degree (and postdocs) in Entomology, Toxicology; Physiology, Biological Sciences (or related discipline) and at least 5 years of experience in working on technologies to treat and/or control insects.
- Hands on experience with in vitro characterization of proteins and biologicals.
- Track record of critiquing scientific data with the ability to identify and resolve scientific questions.
- Strong line and matrix leadership skills with experience of building and motivating teams.
- Motivated to drive operational excellence, including support for efficiency/productivity initiatives.
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of building collaborations internally and externally (KOLs, academic labs, CROs...).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills (fluent in English, written and spoken).
- Strong analytical and data interpretations skills.
- A good listener, who communicates clearly and concisely and reports in an excellent way
- Naturally good at interpersonal relations
- A positive person with a strong work ethic and motivation
- Strong Team player
The position will be located in Belgium (Dynamic Cluster in Ghent).
If you adhere to the company's values of innovation, passion, teamwork, accountability, and well-being, and if you enjoy growing and learning in a dynamic and changing environment with ease and pleasure, this could be the job for you!
If you feel you are a good fit for the role and the company, please send your application (CV, list of publications/achievements and cover letter) to Adoc Talent Management.