Do you want to take on a new, high-impact challenge? Do you want to help revolutionize the next generation antibiotics market? Come and bring your expertise in drug development and your team leadership to a great startup whose goal is to save lives!
Adoc Talent Management is recruiting the Chief Executive Officer for its client, an ambitious Biotech startup developing a new generation of antibiotics. They are developing first-in-class, novel generations of drugs to fight multiple resistant pathogens (by targeting enzymes). The scientific projects led by brilliant and successful scientists are very promising and open many markets. The company has already raised funds and has the ambition to go further with a new round planned. The company now needs a leader, an expert in (preclinical) drug development, who can guide the company through the different steps and processes to move towards obtaining INDs.
The main role will be to lead the startup and make most executive decisions related to the business
Your daily task will consist in:
- Ensuring the implementation of the existing business plan, strategic planning, and business development
- Managing of drug development and structuring of a start-up
- Defining, optimizing, and adapting the steps to be taken, the tests and experiments to be carried out and to identify the relevant partner(s).
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders and other business leaders, stakeholders and (private or public) investors.
- Fundraising and board reporting
- Being an inspirational leader, taking on a big, high-impact challenge.
- Being able to drive the company's projects forward to achieve milestones (including IND).
- A degree (PhD or MD) in biological or medical sciences e.g., biotechnology, bioengineering, biochemistry, microbiology (or a related field) (an MBA is a plus)
- at least 10 years of experience in managing a start-up (Biotech) in the drug development sector (discovery and preclinical).
- A Strong ability to run a company (startup, biotech)
- A strong knowledge of the drug development processes, needs and constraints
- Excellent managerial skills (team and projects) & social skills
- A talent for managing relationships with investors and partners
- Strong hierarchical and matrix leadership skills, with experience in building and motivating teams.
You are a(n):
- Energetic and ambitious person
- Ambassador of the company, has easy contact with external partners (private and public investors, CROs, labs, biotech & pharma)
- Excellent communicator, communicative & open-minded
- Positive person with a strong work ethic, team spirit and self-motivation.
- Born entrepreneur, dynamic, reactive, and able to adapt to change.
- Flexible and agile
- Resilient & proactive
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of French is an asset
You like to see your real contribution and impact on life-saving projects.
The position will be located in Belgium (Mont-Saint-Guibert).
If the challenge calls for you and you want to contribute to this great success by going to the jungle to find the treasure, this could be the job for you! This market, which has not evolved for 40 years, is now ripe for the development of new generations of antibiotics. Be part of it!
If you feel you are a good fit for the role and the company, please send your application (CV and cover letter) to Adoc Talent Management.