Are you passionate about virtual reality and robotics, and want to work at the interface between new technologies and medical innovation?
Our client is a MedTech startup developing a virtual reality surgical training platform, which enables the use of simulation to teach, train and test residents for open surgery procedures. Their tool combines virtual reality and haptic systems to offer an immersive, multi-sensory experience in a highly realistic 3D environment that accurately replicates the force and resistance felt by surgeons when manipulating tools during a variety of surgical techniques.
In order to move their product forward, they are looking for a scientist with dual expertise in mechatronics and C++ development to join their team of engineers and developers, gathered around their common passion for innovation and their collaborative culture.
- Design and develop 3D visualization algorithms for physics-based stimulation (collision detection, multi-body contact);
- Test functionalities to improve their stability, performance and robustness;
- Contribute to the development of the product as a whole: functional analysis, technical design, implementation;
- Participate in frequent brainstorming sessions with the team and the R&D Director.
- PhD or MSc (+2 years of experience) in mechatronics, mechanics, robotics or computer science;
- Expertise in mechatronics OR robotics OR haptic systems OR physical simulation
- Intermediate level in C++ (excellent command, an asset)
- Must have professional English, French an asset
- Few years of industrial experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in GPU programming (CUDA)
- Experience in collision detection (video game, virtual reality)
- Experience in robotic design
- Thorough knowledge of mathematics
- Experience in the development of physical simulations
- Knowledge in human-machine interactions